Tuesday, 15 March 2011

She Likes ... Couverture: Notting Hill


Today I was invited to Couverture in Notting Hill to have a tour of the store and interview its founder – Emily Dyson. I arrived at 2ish and was met by the lovely Camilla who showed me around, the store is home to women’s, children’s and men’s brands that are from all over the world and exclusive to Couverture and it’s menswear half called The Garbstore. 

The shop is in an impressive building all open space, high ceilings and iron staircases and as I walked round it almost felt as if you are taken on a journey through women’s wear which is chilled, neutral and complimented with fresh flowers, then into children’s wear which is playful with toys, baskets of shoes and little pictures and books scattered around. Up the stairs there is a more homewear, gifty area with some shoes as well (hurray!).

Couverture is one of those places that you cant help but touch the clothes because the fabric is so amazing and there are so many things to look at - chunky knits, fine knits, silky dresses, soft cotton tops, leather purses and all the rest! They even have jewelery, which, like the clothes screams quality and individuality - one stop shop for almost anything!  



Interview with Emily Dyson 

What’s the best thing about being in Notting Hill?
I live and work here so its great for me to be so close to work all the time! I Feel very privileged to be in such a nice area and its so central which I love! I actually grew up in the country so I like that Notting Hill has lots of parks and greenery – its important to me that my children have that around them as well as the city. I also love the market here – it like being in your own little village!

What was your vision for the shop?
I feel like it’s perfect and all I wanted it to be! We have lots of exiting labels here that are exclusive to us and the clothes are really beautiful! I want customers to feel inspired when they walk in. 

What’s your favorite piece in the shop at the moment?
I really love this green skirt and bag –I will defiantly be wearing these a lot this summer! The colour is amazing!


What do you think are key pieces for this Spring/Summer?
I really love tan and cobalt blue at the moment – we have these tan trousers that are so soft and a lovely shape, and the attention to detail is great. I also love this blue range – we have a dress and cardigan in this animal and spot print which go really well.


I would definitely recommend anyone to take a little trip to Notting Hill and visit Couverture its in an amazing area and the shop has really beautiful clothes and a lovely feel about it! It really is inspiring!

Thanks to:
Emily at Couverture
and Camilla!

Visit :  www.couvertureandthegarbstore.com

3 comments:

  1. love it!

    come and check out my blog on:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2187105/glamourgirl
    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the store looks so beautiful! I like the green handbag..Great Interview!!
    ♥ milla

    ReplyDelete